For any who were not able to read the recent attachment of the ESCHEL Update, please read below. See you on the 26th at 6:15pm.
Monica Schlemmer, ESCHEL President
Meeting and Open House
The 2019-2020 Parent Information Night will be held Monday, August 26, 2019, 6:15-8:30 PM.
Meeting will be held at Hope Church in Oakdale. (7910 15th Street North, Oakdale, MN). Please enter through the north (lower level) doors in the back of the church.
- Pay second installment of tuition.
- Visit the Red Room to make sure you are up-to-date on tuition and forms, choose your extracurricular folder and parent service assignments, and have your photo taken for the ESCHEL directory.
- Returning families have the opportunity to minister to new families as they learn the basics of our co-op.
- Secondary students are invited to attend with their parents for a Moodle demonstration.
ESCHEL classes for 2019/2020 will begin Monday, September 9.
- Opening ceremony begins at 9:45 AM in the Red Room.
- Parent coffee and question time from 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM
- Classes from 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
- After classes plan to come to the beginning-of-year ESCHEL picnic. Pack a picnic lunch. Details to come.
Parent/Tutor Conferences will be held October 28th, 2019. Mark your calendars now.
Welcome New Tutors
Ann Soderberg will continue her many years of involvement with ESCHEL as the secondary speech tutor.
Dana Morris will bring her love for the little ones in a new Math Mania class for K-2nd graders.
Learn more great details about our tutors on the Tutor Bios page on the website.
Information on Website
Please utilize ESCHEL’s website at www.eschel.org for important information you will need for this coming school year including lesson plans, supply lists, and class schedules. Tutors will have these posted before Parent Meeting. Please also take time to review the handbook. Each member family is responsible for being familiar with ESCHEL’s policies and procedures.
Be sure to find Janet Caven at the parent meeting to choose your own EC Folder. Those not present at the meeting will be assigned from what is left.
Be sure to stop at the Admin Table at the parent meeting to choose your Parent Service Assignments. Those not present at the meeting will be assigned from what is left. See the handbook for service expectations.
Unfortunately due to low enrollment the following classes had to be cancelled for this year: Secondary Art, Spanish I, Computer Coding, Apologetics, and
School District Reporting
Soon you’ll be receiving forms from your school district requesting information about your home school. These forms typically ask for more information than is required by the state. A great alternative is to use the form produced by MACHE. Find it at mache.org. Reporting forms are due by Oct 1st for MN.
Parent Information Night Agenda
6:15 – 8:30 August 26, 2019
Prayer and Welcome (Large Science Room)
General Announcements and
Board Member Introductions
Explanation of Admin Tables located in Red Room:
Parent Service Sign-ups,
Parent Directory Photos,
Emergency and Contract Forms
Admin Table Open (Red Room) /
Tutor Open House (Classrooms)
Moodle Training (Large Science Room, demonstrations at 8:00 and 8:15 PM